Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Java Exception when using erlvolt

Hi

I get a java exception when calling a stored procedure that does an insert. I can see it says I have an VoltType.INVALID, but I'm only using the ones defined in erlvolt.

I have no clue what the error is.

What I send to erlvolt:callProceudre/3

ThePort,
    <<"procedurename">>,
    [{5, 22741973},
    {6, 1364518405525035},
    {5, 26},
    {5, 17},
    {5, 1},
    {5, 7},
    {5, 2},
    {6, 771283},
    {6, 1364518405},
    {6, 1363248341},
    {8, 0},
    {6, 51},
    {5, 0}]

What I get back:

{voltresponse,{0,<<0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1>>,254,<<"Except ion while deserializing procedure params\njava.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.RuntimeException: ParameterSet doesn't support type VoltType.INVALID\n\tat org.voltdb.StoredProcedureInvocation.getParams(Sto redProcedureInvocation.java:145)\n\tat org.voltdb.messaging.InitiateTaskMessage.getParame ters(InitiateTaskMessage.java:133)\n\tat org.voltdb.ExecutionSite.processInitiateTask(Execu tionSite.java:2713)\n\tat org.voltdb.dtxn.SinglePartitionTxnState.doWork(Sin glePartitionTxnState.java:81)\n\tat org.voltdb.ExecutionSite.recursableRun(ExecutionSi te.java:2483)\n\tat org.voltdb.ExecutionSite.run(ExecutionSite.java:11 01)\n\tat org.voltdb.RealVoltDB.run(RealVoltDB.java:1589)\n\ tat org.voltdb.VoltDB.main(VoltDB.java:714)\nCaused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.RuntimeException: ParameterSet doesn't support type VoltType.INVALID\n\tat java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(Futu reTask.java:252)\n\tat java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.jav a:111)\n\tat org.voltdb.StoredProcedureInvocation.getParams(Sto redProcedureInvocation.java:141)\n\t... 7 more\nCaused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: ParameterSet doesn't support type VoltType.INVALID\n\tat org.voltdb.ParameterSet.readOneParameter(Parameter Set.java:467)\n\tat org.voltdb.ParameterSet.readExternal(ParameterSet. java:122)\n\tat org.voltdb.messaging.FastDeserializer.readObject(F astDeserializer.java:114)\n\tat org.voltdb.StoredProcedureInvocation$3.call(Stored ProcedureInvocation.java:280)\n\tat org.voltdb.StoredProcedureInvocation$3.call(Stored ProcedureInvocation.java:276)\n\tat java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Futu reTask.java:334)\n\tat java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.jav a:166)\n\tat org.voltdb.StoredProcedureInvocation.getParams(Sto redProcedureInvocation.java:139)\n\t... 7 more\n">>,128,<<>>,<<>>,0},[]}

Hi Fredrik!

Thanks a lot for trying Erlvolt! Sorry you ran into this issue. You may have unmasked a mechanism that is too clever when staging the parameters for the stored procedure.

However, my immediate question would be, what you expected to arrive at the stored procedure when you feed tuples to call_procedure/3.

Also, please make sure to use the newest release from http://github.com/voltdb/voltdb-client-erlang. I am not sure why you are citing the older callProcedure/3 instead of call_procedure/3 as it is named now.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Henning

Comment

Working...
    X