Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• create user in VoltDB

Hi,

VoltDB users are created in the deployment.xml File. How can I create user in a running voltDB database?

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Sabrina

Sabrina,
    Users and roles are defined on deployment file, i.e. deployment.xml. Permissions for roles are defined in our ddl file, i.e. ddl.sql.
    Peter Zhao

Comment

Sabrina,

If you are starting the database with security enabled, then there should be a user already defined in the deployment.xml file. That user must be assigned to the default (pre-existing) "Administrator" role so that you can use this user to load the DDL, which will contain your own custom role definitions.

Additional users can be added at any time by editing the deployment.xml file and using "voltadmin update deployment.xml" to apply the updated file to the running database. This command also requires ADMIN permission (which you get from the "Administrator" role). If you want to mask passwords, you can run "voltdb mask deployment.xml" to the file, which will replace the plain text password you entered into the file with the SHA-256 hashed value.

Best regards,
      Ben

Comment

Hi Ben, thanks for your detailed answer. I will try it.
        Last edited by Sabrina; 02-22-2016, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X