About the TPS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About the TPS

According to the tutorial (http://docs.voltdb.com/tutorial/Part3.php), it said that using the Partitioned can increase the TPS from 5000 to 1,6000

but in my application, with a simple table ("key"-"value", two varchar column), and testing the insert procedure, i only got 1000 TPS without partitioned and 3500 TPS with partitioned(partitioned by primarykey : key)

why? Have i missed sth to config?

i am a new volt from CHINA, forgive my poor English...

Jian,

The tutorial refers to an example of the kind of performance increase, a factor of ~3.2x, when utilizing a partitioned column. With the numbers you've state, you are getting 3.5x performance increase! Performance numbers will vary based on hardware used.

Peter Zhao

Comment

I made a mistake when counting the TPS. Actually i got 1800 TPS when client and voltdb in the same machine without partitioned and 1000 TPS when client and voltdb in different machine.

From 1800 to 3500, I just got 1.9x performance increase.

The machine I used is 8-core, 16G RAM. Is the Performance still Normal?

Comment

Jian,

The idea conveyed in the tutorial is that partitioning a table yields better performance. While you do experience a performance increase, you can achieve more. I invite you to run our voter app which should be in <voltdbroot>/examples/voter. Within this folder, there's a README.md file for instructions on running a benchmark.

Peter Zhao

Comment

Working...
        X