Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VoltDB SQL Permission

Hi,

I greated a user with the role "user". So the greated user should have SQL and ALLPROC permissions.
    In the documentation is the information, that the user can run DDL statements. When I try to ALTER the table, I get an error:
    10> ALTER TABLE CUSTOMER ADD C_BIRTH varchar;
    User user01 does not have sysproc permission

What is my mistakte? Is it possible that the user is with the SQL permission only allowed to run DML statements? Is there a list of supported sql statements?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
    Sabrina

Hi Sabrina,

The SQL permission does not in fact include DDL. To execute DDL, the user should have the "administrator" default role.

The documentation incorrectly lists "DDL" as part of the SQL permission, which is incorrect. Later it does say this, which is correct: "you should always include at least one user who is assigned the Administrator role when starting a database with security enabled. You can use this account to then load the schema — including additional security roles and permissions — and then update the deployment file to add more users as necessary."

We will correct the documentation. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Thanks,
    Ben

Comment

Working...
    X