Forum: Other

Post: Suggested Forums 'Architecture' and 'Building APIs & Wire Protocol'

Suggested Forums 'Architecture' and 'Building APIs & Wire Protocol'
henning
Apr 25, 2010
I wonder if 'Architecture' and 'Building APIs & Wire Protocol' may be good additional forums.

It would keep some discussions out of the way of more practical questions.

Thanks,
Henning
Creating a template Schema Table for Query Building
SQLUSER77
Apr 25, 2010
Hi,

I have been working with Oracle-MS SQL-MYSQL databases and wanted to know if plans for a "table-DB" harness is in the works? This would be a small set of tables to query with simpler tools that could auto-build CRUD type queries on the fly? This could allow tools to be built that could create parameters for inputs that would autobuild queries?

Regards,
SQLUser
re: Creating a template Schema Table for Query Building
tcallaghan
Apr 26, 2010
Hi,

I have been working with Oracle-MS SQL-MYSQL databases and wanted to know if plans for a "table-DB" harness is in the works? This would be a small set of tables to query with simpler tools that could auto-build CRUD type queries on the fly? This could allow tools to be built that could create parameters for inputs that would autobuild queries?

Regards,
SQLUser

SQLUSER77,

VoltDB requires data access (CRUD) to be defined in advance and placed in stored procedures. We do support Ad-hoc SQL but it is not optimized (it must be compiled/planned on the fly and is always multi-partition) and should not be performed in a production environment with any regularity.

You could certainly create a utility to read the DDL of a VoltDB application and produce proper or project.xml based CRUD logic prior to compiling your VoltDB application.

Let me know if this helps.

-Tim
New Forums 'Architecture' and 'Building APIs & Wire Protocol'?
bheath
Apr 26, 2010
Great idea, Henning.

I just added the new forums.

Thanks! - Bobbi