Forum: Other

Schema browser tool feedback
chbussler
Apr 12, 2010
Hi,
I started developing on VoltDB and the python browser tool that allows me to write ad-hoc queries in a browser really comes in handy!

As a wish list item I'd suggest to keep the queries around that were typed in and executed as (at least in initial phases of introducing a table and developing the stored procedures around it) I am running the same queries a lot as development progresses.

Super nice would be to have the list of table names right there and when selecting it, it puts a default query into the query composition field that explicitly selects all columns. From there I only have to change the query, not type it all in.

Just feedback.

Thanks,
Christoph
re: Schema browser tool feedback
tcallaghan
Apr 12, 2010
Christoph,

Thanks for the feedback. I've added it as a todo on my list of enhancements.

-Tim
Timestamp field with NULL not fetched by python browser
shetty_ritesh
Apr 22, 2010
Christoph,

Thanks for the feedback. I've added it as a todo on my list of enhancements.

-Tim

I emailed this issue to support email address . But am posting it here too..

Save a Timestamp field in the DB with NULL. The save is sucessfull (may be it saves it with the minimum representation of the value of the date)

Now try to do a select from python browser. It gives an error saying date is out of range. Since i am not in GMT and am in PST it tries to substract 8 hours from the already minimum date saved. So the final timestamp is not a valid one and hence shouts out of range.

What should i do to read such NULL timestamps ?
re: Schema browser tool feedback
tcallaghan
Apr 22, 2010
I emailed this issue to support email address . But am posting it here too..

Save a Timestamp field in the DB with NULL. The save is sucessfull (may be it saves it with the minimum representation of the value of the date)

Now try to do a select from python browser. It gives an error saying date is out of range. Since i am not in GMT and am in PST it tries to substract 8 hours from the already minimum date saved. So the final timestamp is not a valid one and hence shouts out of range.

What should i do to read such NULL timestamps ?

Shetty,

We are addressing this issue in our next release. The browser tool will correctly report when column values are NULL.

-Tim