Forum: Building VoltDB Clients

how to use C# to access VoltDB?
abelqian1
Sep 11, 2010
Hi, how to use C# to access VoltDB?
re: VoltDB from C#
tcallaghan
Sep 13, 2010
You can currently access VoltDB from C# using our HTTP/JSON interface. There is sample code available in our "Using VoltDB" documentation, in the section titled "Using the JSON Interface from Client Applications". You can grab the documentation from this link.
In the future we plan on adding a native C# client library.
-Tim
VoldDB from C#
abelqian1
Sep 13, 2010
You can currently access VoltDB from C# using our HTTP/JSON interface. There is sample code available in our "Using VoltDB" documentation, in the section titled "Using the JSON Interface from Client Applications". You can grab the documentation from this link.
In the future we plan on adding a native C# client library.
-Tim

Many thanks.
In the doc of "Using VoltDB", it describes that HTTP/JSON interface is just a preview version and single thread, so i'am afraid the performance.
Can you give me some info when will you come out the C# client library?
re: C# and VoltDB
tcallaghan
Sep 14, 2010
Many thanks.
In the doc of "Using VoltDB", it describes that HTTP/JSON interface is just a preview version and single thread, so i'am afraid the performance.
Can you give me some info when will you come out the C# client library?

We are improving the performance of the HTTP/JSON interface in V1.2 of VoltDB.
We do not yet have a date for a C# client library.
We used SWIG (www.swig.org) with our C++ client library to produce a client library for PHP. You could also use this to produce a C# library. The C++ client library is available within the SVN repository at http://svnmirror.voltdb.com/clientapi
-Tim