Forum: Building VoltDB Clients

Post: Fixed Location of Official List of Responses from @-Functions

Fixed Location of Official List of Responses from @-Functions
henning
Apr 16, 2010
I would appreciate if a bookmarkable location could be announced where one could obtain the up to date response structure for @-functions.
The explanation in "Using VoltDB" is cursory and without trying it out, you can't know what the results you are getting from these function will be.
I also suspect, that the response payload structure will change frequently.
I am of course not talking about VoltDB tables but the columns, if you will.
Maybe the answer to this request is in the "doc" folder of the distribution. Then it's too well hidden.
Thanks!
Henning
System Procedure return values
ajgent
Apr 17, 2010
Hello Henning,
The return values from the system procedures are under review and may change slightly in upcoming releases. At the moment, the quick way to see the structure of the return values is to call the system procedure once and use the .toString() method on each VoltTable in the array to see the name and datatypes of the columns.
I will try to provide additional documentation on the return values in future releases, possibly as part of the javadoc,
--Andrew
Sure
henning
Apr 18, 2010
Hello Henning,
The return values from the system procedures are under review and may change slightly in upcoming releases. At the moment, the quick way to see the structure of the return values is to call the system procedure once and use the .toString() method on each VoltTable in the array to see the name and datatypes of the columns.
I will try to provide additional documentation on the return values in future releases, possibly as part of the javadoc,
--Andrew

Hi Andrew, thanks for the feedback. I can absolutely imagine that these things are in flow!
That's why I proposed to have a URL that I can bookmark to look the status quo up.