Forum: Building VoltDB Applications

Project compiles on 2.8 but not 2.8.1
Oblivian
Oct 12, 2012
I'm having trouble compiling my database on voltdb 2.8.1 but the same code works fine on 2.8.
2.8.1 fails with the following error.
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.voltdb.expressions.OperatorExpression cannot be cast to org.voltdb.expressions.TupleValueExpression
I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what is wrong. Looking through the release notes, I did not see any changes mentioned in 2.8.1 that would cause compilation to fail. Has anyone seen this error before or have any insight as to what might be the problem.
Stack trace
nshi
Oct 12, 2012
Hi,
Was there a stack trace associated with the exception? If not, could you send us the SQL query and DDL that caused the exception? You can post it here or send it to my email at nshi AT voltdb.com
Thanks.
Ning
[java]
Oblivian
Oct 12, 2012
[java] java.lang.ClassCastException: org.voltdb.expressions.OperatorExpression cannot be cast to org.voltdb.expressions.TupleValueExpression
[java] at org.voltdb.planner.SubPlanAssembler.getRelevantAccessPathForIndex(SubPlanAssembler.java:172)
[java] at org.voltdb.planner.SubPlanAssembler.getRelevantAccessPathsForTable(SubPlanAssembler.java:119)
[java] at org.voltdb.planner.SelectSubPlanAssembler.generateAccessPathsForEachTable(SelectSubPlanAssembler.java:379)
[java] at org.voltdb.planner.SelectSubPlanAssembler.generateAllAccessPathCombinationsForJoinOrder(SelectSubPlanAssembler.java:398)
[java] at org.voltdb.planner.SelectSubPlanAssembler.generateMorePlansForJoinOrder(SelectSubPlanAssembler.java:245)
[java] at org.voltdb.planner.SelectSubPlanAssembler.nextPlan(SelectSubPlanAssembler.java:201)
[java] at org.voltdb.planner.PlanAssembler.getNextSelectPlan(PlanAssembler.java:389)
[java] at org.voltdb.planner.PlanAssembler.getNextPlan(PlanAssembler.java:300)
[java] at org.voltdb.planner.QueryPlanner.compileFromXML(QueryPlanner.java:313)
[java] at org.voltdb.planner.QueryPlanner.plan(QueryPlanner.java:220)
[java] at org.voltdb.compiler.StatementCompiler.compile(StatementCompiler.java:128)
[java] at org.voltdb.compiler.ProcedureCompiler.compileSingleStmtProcedure(ProcedureCompiler.java:564)
[java] at org.voltdb.compiler.ProcedureCompiler.compile(ProcedureCompiler.java:73)
[java] at org.voltdb.compiler.VoltCompiler.compileDatabaseNode(VoltCompiler.java:706)
[java] at org.voltdb.compiler.VoltCompiler.compileXMLRootNode(VoltCompiler.java:502)
[java] at org.voltdb.compiler.VoltCompiler.compileCatalog(VoltCompiler.java:470)
[java] at org.voltdb.compiler.VoltCompiler.compile(VoltCompiler.java:335)
[java] at org.voltdb.compiler.VoltCompiler.main(VoltCompiler.java:1276)
[java] ERROR: [com.simple.getAkLeaderBoard]: Failed to plan for stmt: sql
[java] ERROR: Failed to compile XML
[java] ERROR: Catalog compilation failed.
Is more info available?
pmartel
Oct 14, 2012
The stack trace was helpful, but the exact cause of the problem is still unclear.
It suggests that one or more of your queries' WHERE clauses fits some unanticipated pattern.
If you could post or send me ( my-forum-account-name at my-company dot com ) as much or as little of your ddl and queries as can reproduce the exception, I might be able to find a work-around and/or fix.
Thanks,
Paul Martel
VoltDB
Thanks Paul, I sent you our
Oblivian
Oct 17, 2012
Thanks Paul, I sent you our SP's