Forum: Installation

About VoltDB deployment,thank you
lyslover
Feb 28, 2014
VoltDB's node and client library is deployed in a different machine to separate good, or paired with a machine deployed in good,Thank you
jpiekos
Feb 28, 2014
You can install and run the clients on the same machine as the server (the database). Or you can install and run the clients on a remote machine.
If they are on the same machine, remember that your client will be competing for resources with the database. This may be ok if you are not fire-hosing the database or not competing for all of the machine's memory.

Note that I run VoltDB (the database) and client applications on my MacBook and see spectacular performance (70,000 tx/second).

John
Thank you very match ,I still have some questions
lyslover
Mar 3, 2014
You can install and run the clients on the same machine as the server (the database). Or you can install and run the clients on a remote machine.
If they are on the same machine, remember that your client will be competing for resources with the database. This may be ok if you are not fire-hosing the database or not competing for all of the machine's memory.

Note that I run VoltDB (the database) and client applications on my MacBook and see spectacular performance (70,000 tx/second).

John

for VoltDB cluster deployment, under the premise of machine performance can be guaranteed, and VoltDB client nodes are deployed together or separately deployed good? And from the viewpoint of the processing capacity of the network traffic,thank you.
jpiekos
Mar 3, 2014
I'm not sure I understand the question. VoltDB clients can run on one or more machines - we've scaled VoltDB to hundreds of thousands of connections (see this blog post: http://voltdb.com/voltdbs-c700k/).

And yes, the network traffic capacity can often be the gating factor for VoltDB throughput performance. VoltDB can process transactions faster than a gigE network can deliver them.

John