Forum: Managing VoltDB

Post: Configuring JAVA version to be used for clusters jobs

Configuring JAVA version to be used for clusters jobs
Bernardo
May 1, 2014
Hi all,

After starting the database, I realized the current java in the clusters are 1.7.0_09-icedtea, which is below the required by VoltDB. I got the following message when startind the database" COMPONENT:CheckJavaVersion, MESSAGE:Failed on host MyServer: Java version is java version "1.7.0_09-icedtea"OpenJDK Runtime Environment (rhel-2.3.4.1.el6_3-x86_64)OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.2-b09, mixed mode), should be >= 1.7.0_13

So, is there any way to configure which is the JAVA_HOME variable to be used for the jobs dispatched by VEM?
I mean, I cannot simply change the default java version for all the clusters sessions since there are another jobs (not VOLTDB jobs) running under the 1.7.0_09-icedtea.

Cheers,

Bernardo
pzhao
May 2, 2014
Hi all,

After starting the database, I realized the current java in the clusters are 1.7.0_09-icedtea, which is below the required by VoltDB. I got the following message when startind the database" COMPONENT:CheckJavaVersion, MESSAGE:Failed on host MyServer: Java version is java version "1.7.0_09-icedtea"OpenJDK Runtime Environment (rhel-2.3.4.1.el6_3-x86_64)OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.2-b09, mixed mode), should be >= 1.7.0_13

So, is there any way to configure which is the JAVA_HOME variable to be used for the jobs dispatched by VEM?
I mean, I cannot simply change the default java version for all the clusters sessions since there are another jobs (not VOLTDB jobs) running under the 1.7.0_09-icedtea.

Cheers,

Bernardo
+

Thanks for your question. One option is to create a user which has in its' Path variable the JAVA_HOME pointed to right version of java\bin.