Forum: Other

Post: How to let the server run after the testcase finish ?

How to let the server run after the testcase finish ?
guotong1988
Jun 15, 2015
I have tried a lot of way to let the server continue to run in eclipse but failed

The server automatically shutdown after the testcase finish.

It always print:

2015-06-16 02:05:21,041   WARN  [Thread-0] CONSOLE: The VoltDB server will shut down due to a control-C or other JVM exit.
jhugg
Jun 15, 2015
Could you provide a bit more detail? Which testcase? How are you running it? What does it do? What are you trying to accomplish?
Hi
guotong1988
Jun 15, 2015
Could you provide a bit more detail? Which testcase? How are you running it? What does it do? What are you trying to accomplish?

I am trying to let one server run in eclipse and another server run out of eclipse .
so I could debug the one in eclipse and debug the other one in remote way.
Of Course, the two servers are one cluster.
jhugg
Jun 15, 2015
Right now, the way we do this internally is with the org.voltdb.regressionsuites.LocalCluster class.

I would search our test code for where it is used to get a sense of how it works. The simplest code example might be org.voltdb.CrashVoltDBTest. You can run multiple VoltDB processes and it manages port conflicts and logs. You can run the first VoltDB process inside Eclipse for debugging (see setHasLocalServer(..)).

The catch is that it's evolved over time and is a bit of a mess. One of my tasks for 2015 is to clean up code to support debugging procedures and publish some docs on it.
guotong1988
Jun 16, 2015
Oh ,I solve it . The testcase will kill it when the testcase finish