Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: import org.voltdb.ProcInfo yields "package does not exist"

I agree that this looks like the source of the problem. Thank you again for your help.

I switched to version 3.3 after having trouble with 3.5. I thought perhaps I had gotten a bad download with a mistake in a command in the run.sh command or something so I would try 3.3. If you could post a link to a known good download where the jars and shell files and directories are all in the right place, that would be very helpful.

Here is the output of the commands. It looks like which voltdb does not return any output. It looks like the voltdb-*.jar might be missing. Again, maybe a link to a known good download for the community edition might be the best.

memsql@memsql-virtual-machine:~/voltdb-voltdb-3.3.0.3/examples/voltcache$ which voltdb
    memsql@memsql-virtual-machine:~/voltdb-voltdb-3.3.0.3/examples/voltcache$ ls -1 /home/memsql/voltdb-voltdb-3.3.0.3/voltdb/voltdb-*.jar
    ls: cannot access /home/memsql/voltdb-voltdb-3.3.0.3/voltdb/voltdb-*.jar: No such file or directory
    memsql@memsql-virtual-machine:~/voltdb-voltdb-3.3.0.3/examples/voltcache$ sudo ls -1 /home/memsql/voltdb-voltdb-3.3.0.3/voltdb/voltdb-*.jar
    [sudo] password for memsql:
    ls: cannot access /home/memsql/voltdb-voltdb-3.3.0.3/voltdb/voltdb-*.jar: No such file or directory
    memsql@memsql-virtual-machine:~/voltdb-voltdb-3.3.0.3/examples/voltcache$

Super Moderator
    It looks like the missing jar file is the problem. You should reinstall, since your installation seems to be incomplete.

You can download the latest Community Edition for Linux from our downloads page here:
    http://voltdb.com/download/software

Once you've downloaded, you can follow the instructions in our Dev Center for installing VoltDB and running sample applications:
    http://voltdb.com/dev-center/

Cheers,
    Ben

Thanks Ben. Once I re-install, where should I expect to find the jar?

Abe

Super Moderator
    Assuming you install to $HOME, the jar file should be at $HOME/voltdb-3.6/voltdb/voltdb-3.6.jar. The run.sh script should just work, though.

It's working! Thanks.