Thread: How to integrade voltdb-client-cpp to exisitng sytem using ppc GNU/LINUX

How to integrade voltdb-client-cpp to exisitng sytem using ppc GNU/LINUX

Hi,
    The voter client-cpp)/server are working well with multiple VMs.
    But, I'm having trouble to integrate the client-cpp to the linux ppc. (the server will be stand alone Linux 64 bits intel).
    Any idea how to do it?

it means:
    I download the comunity voltdb-client-cpp on the stand alone is working fine for linux - 64 bits as:
    2.6.32-358.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Jan 29 11:47:41 EST 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

But, my system is Linux ppc as:
    2.6.34.13-grsec-eccm #2 PREEMPT Sat Nov 22 12:39:40 CET 2014 ppc GNU/Linux.

I try to download it to the exisiting system to re-generate the .so file but it seems doesn't work well.
    (I also try to strip the .so file but command doesn't work. So, I guess the .so is not properly generated for Linux ppc.)

Any help/hint is much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Duyen

Super Moderator
    Hi Duyen,

VoltDB doesn't support PowerPC architecture. Dual-core or greater x86_64 processors are required.

Best regards,
    Ben

Thanks Ben,
    Too bad, I could not use the voltdb for my system due to the above limitation.
    So, at this point we can stop our proto and conclude that the voltdb won't support our linux ppc system unless we have Linux 64 bits right?
    Duyen

Super Moderator
    Hi Duyen,

I may have misunderstood. The VoltDB requirements for 64-bit Linux (CentOS or Ubuntu) on x86_64 processors are for the database itself. The C++ client has different requirements, and there may be more flexibility there and potential to port the client to support other deployments. We have had several customers who have modified and even contributed code back to our C++ client, so this is something our Sales team can discuss with you.

Do you need an introduction? If so, please email me directly at support@voltdb.com and I can put you in touch with the right person.

Thanks,
    Ben