Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Csvloader gives error: Error connecting to the servers: localhost

Quote Originally Posted by pzhao View Post
    energyd,
    You should be able to connect to server2 via sqlcmd. Can you try pointing to the VMC on server2, i.e. server2:8080 on a browser and possible running a simple sql statement, select count(*) from table?
    Alternatively, if your ksafety is larger than 0, then we can potentially end the VoltDB process on server2 and rejoin it back to the cluster.
    Peter Zhao
    Peter,
    I tried using server2:8080 in the browser and could run sql statement w/o an issue. Looks like it's just the sqlcmd interface not working.

energyd,
    Looks sounds good! So server2 is up and running but it appears to be an issue with trying to connect to it. 'sqlcmd' utilizes port 21212, by default. Can you verify that port 21212 on server2 is listening, via 'netstat -antplo'?
    Peter Zhao

energyd,
    Looks sounds good! So server2 is up and running but it appears to be an issue with trying to connect to it. 'sqlcmd' utilizes port 21212, by default. Can you verify that port 21212 on server2 is listening, via 'netstat -antplo'?
    Peter Zhao
    Got this:
    tcp 55 0 127.0.0.1:21212 127.0.0.1:46006 CLOSE_WAIT 47678/java off (0.00/0/0)

energyd,
    I've sent you a separate email regarding log collection for server2. After gathering the logs, we suggest you try to rejoin server2 (skipping step2), if k safety > 0. Alternatively, you can save a snapshot and restore the data after restarting the cluster. These instructions can be found here.
    Peter Zhao

energyd,
    I've sent you a separate email regarding log collection for server2. After gathering the logs, we suggest you try to rejoin server2 (skipping step2), if k safety > 0. Alternatively, you can save a snapshot and restore the data after restarting the cluster. These instructions can be found here.
    Peter Zhao
    Hi Peter,
    Unfortunately, our firm security policy prevented me from sharing doc to outside address at the moment. I already stopped and rejoined Server2 and sqlcmd is working properly again. So I guess problem solved right now. Thanks for your help.

energyd,
    Sounds great. Let us know if you need further assistance.
    Peter Zhao